Due to COVID-19 staffing precautions, the Ford Performance TechLine phone system is offline. We are still here to help. Live Chat is available. Click here for contact information.
347 CUBIC INCHES 450 HP CRATE ENGINE REAR SUMP
- 347 cubic inch
- 450 HP @ 6000 RPM (with headers and 650 CFM Holley carburetor, not included)
- 400 ft./lbs. of torque @ 4900 RPM
- 9.7:1 Compression ratio (nominal)
- Ford Racing aluminum "Z" cylinder heads M-6049-Z304A
- Ford Racing high-performance hydraulic roller camshaft and roller rocker arms
- Single plane "Victor Jr." intake manifold
- New heavy-duty 5.0L Sportsman block, oil and water pumps and a high-performance harmonic damper.
- Canton 7-quart performance oil pan fits 1979 and later Fox body cars
- MSD® billet distributor
- Great engine for serious performance applications Not recommended for daily drivers
NOTE: Photo and specs may vary
Look at what you get
- A NEW "Sportsman" block 2-bolt main long block engine assembly. Custom built with the same quality controls as a new production engine (no flywheel)
- Ford Racing Z304A aluminum cylinder heads. They have 2.02" intake and 1.60" exhaust valves and flow significantly better than GT-40 heads
- Ford Racing high performance hydraulic roller camshaft provides significant horsepower increases above 4000 RPM with good mid-range torque. Valve lift is .563 intake and .584 exhaust. Duration at .050" is 232 degrees intake and 240 degrees exhaust
See engine installation and tuning tips on page 40.
- The high performance 7-quart baffled Canton oil pan fits Mustang and other Fox body vehicles and is recommended for street/strip applications. Canton #20-930 one-way screen tray (not included) fits this pan.
- This engine is built for a V-belt accessory drive. For serpentine front drive applications, the front cover and water pump will have to be changed. See pages 97-98 for other water pumps.
- The damper assembly M-6316-C351 will require pulley spacer M-8510-C351 with 4-bolt pulley applications.
- Firing order is 1-3-7-2-6-5-4-8.
- See page 115-116 for flywheels. This engine assembly requires 28 oz. in. unbalance flywheel.
- Photo and specs may vary.
- Shipping weight approximately 425 lbs.
FOR MORE INFORMATION CALL THE TECHLINE at (800) FORD788.