Due to COVID-19 staffing precautions, the Ford Performance TechLine phone system is offline. We are still here to help. Live Chat is available. Click here for contact information.
460 CUBIC INCH 575 HP BOSS CRATE ENGINE-FRONT SUMP PAN
Ford Performance has taken its Boss Block to the max with the biggest small block Windsor crate engine ever - the Z460. With 575 horsepower and 575 Lb. Ft. of torque, Z460 packs a pump gas fueled punch that works well on the street and on the track.
The foundation of Z460 is the legendary Ford Performance Boss block topped off with high port/high flow Z-Heads. Premium components from the best aftermarket companies are used throughout the engine, like a SCAT® forged steel crankshaft, SCAT® forged H-beam connecting rods, forged Mahle® pistons and Clevite® bearings. And every Ford Performance Z460 engine is hand assembled in the U.S. with performance clearances.
575 Horsepower @ 5,500 RPM
575 lb.-ft. Torque @ 4,700 RPM
- Engine type: 351 based small block Ford
- Displacement (cu in): 460
- Bore x stroke (in): 4.150" bore x 4.250" stroke
- Block: Boss 351 9.5" deck
- Crankshaft: SCAT® Forged Steel
- Connecting Rods: SCAT® forged steel H-beam 6.125-inch length connecting rods
- Pistons: Forged Mahle® w/ floating wrist pin
- Camshaft type: Hydraulic Roller
- Camshaft lift (in): .594"/.618"
- Camshaft Duration (@.050 in): 242°/248°
- Cylinder Heads: Ford Performance M-6049-Z304DA Aluminum "Z" Cylinder Heads
- Valve size (in): 2.02 intake 1.60 exhaust
- Compression ratio: 10.0:1 (nominal)
- Rocker arm ratio: 1.65:1
- Vibration Damper: Ford Performance M-6316-D302 SFI Approved
- Valve Covers: Ford Performance 302-137 cast aluminum gray crinkle
- Oil Pan: Steel with deep front (9 quart) or rear sump (7 quart) pan with louvered windage tray and crankshaft scraper - 9 quart capacity -M-6675-FT351 front sump
- Water pump: Ford Performance M-8501-G351 included long type - standard rotation
- Includes Ford Performance M-9439-A50 intake manifold gaskets
- Distributor: not included. Steel distributor gear required.
- Required fuel: Premium Unleaded
- Ignition timing: 32° at 4,000 RPM
- Maximum recommended rpm: 5,600 RPM
- Balanced: Internal use neutral balance flywheel
- Recommended intake: Edelbrock PN 2924 Super Victor (not included)
- New block, oil and water pump, performance oil pan and high-performance harmonic balancer
- Engine power ratings achieved with Edelbrock® Super Victor intake, Holley® 850 CFM carburetor, long tube headers.
- Depending on your application, a different timing cover, water pump, performance oil pan and pickup may be required.
- Engine has a performance front sump oil pan and pickup, standard rotation timing cover, standard rotation water pump and non-EFI valve covers.
- Timing cover will work with most standard rotation water pumps
- Fuel pump eccentric M-6287-B302 installed, allows use of mechanical fuel pump
- Valve covers should fit most non-EFI applications. Optional valve covers sold separately.
- The damper M-6316-D302 may require a spacer for pulley alignment.
- Flywheel not included, use proper neutral balance flywheel
- Intake manifold not included
- Includes intake gaskets and pilot bearing
- Firing order 1-3-7-2-6-5-4-8 (5.0L HO and 351W firing order)
- Steel distributor gear required
- Exhaust port raised 5/8” may require custom headers
- Shipping weight approximately 570 lbs
- Built with current available parts. Photo and specs may vary.
- Engine installation tuning tips can be found HERE