Due to COVID-19 staffing precautions, the Ford Performance TechLine phone system is offline. We are still here to help. Live Chat is available. Click here for contact information.
427 CUBIC INCH 535 HP BOSS CRATE ENGINE-Z2 HEADS-REAR SUMP PAN
- Engine type: 351 based small block Ford
- Displacement (cu in): 427
- Bore x stroke (in): 4.125" bore x 4.00" stroke
- Block: Boss 351 9.5 deck
- Crankshaft: SCAT® Forged Steel
- Connecting Rods: SCAT® forged steel H-beam connecting rods and ARP® bolts
- Pistons: Forged Mahle® w/ floating wrist pin
- Camshaft type: Hydraulic Roller
- Camshaft lift (in): .594"/.618"
- Camshaft Duration – intake/exhaust (@.050 in): 242°/248°
- Cylinder Heads: Ford Performance Aluminum "Z2" Cylinder Heads -M-6049-Z2
- Valve size (in): 2.05 intake 1.60 exhaust
- Valve Springs: PAC® 1219X Ovate Beehive
- Compression ratio: 10.5:1 (nominal)
- Rocker arms : Roller Rockers
- Rocker arm ratio: 1.65:1
- Vibration Damper - Ford Performance SFI Approved M-6316-D302
- Valve Covers: Satin black, aluminum with "Ford Racing" script 302-135
- Oil Pan: Steel with deep rear sump pan with windage tray / scraper - 7 quart capacity -M-6675-DRS351
Water pump: included long type - standard rotation
Distributor: not included. MSD distributor #85840 recommended (dist. modifications for intake clearance necessary)
- Recommended fuel: Premium Unleaded
Ignition timing: 32° at 4,000 RPM
Maximum recommended rpm: 5,600 RPM
Balanced: Internally balanced - use neutral balance flywheel (not included)
Recommended intake: Edelbrock part # 2924 Super Victor (not included)
New block, oil and water pumps, performance oil pan and high-performance harmonic balancer
Depending on your application, a different timing cover, water pump, performance oil pan and pickup may be required.
Engine has a performance front sump oil pan and pickup, standard rotation timing cover, standard rotation water pump and non-EFI valve covers.
Timing cover will work with most standard rotation water pumps
- Fuel pump eccentric M-6287-B302 installed, allows use of mechanical fuel pump
- Valve covers should fit most non-EFI applications. Optional valve covers sold separately.
- The damper M-6316-D302 may require a spacer for pulley alignment
- Intake manifold not included
- Includes intake gaskets and pilot bearing
- Firing order 1-3-7-2-6-5-4-8 (5.0L HO and 351W firing order)
- Steel distributor gear required
Shipping weight approximately 570 lbs
Built with current available parts. Photo and specs may vary.
Engine installation tuning tips can be found HERE
- Note: Results attained using Edelbrock® Super Victor manifold and 770cfm carburetor.