The company that created the famous 427 FE engine offers a modern version of the legendary motor.
Built on Ford Performance's BOSS 351 block the 427 crate engine is engineered and built for drive-ability and durability while delivering big power.
Ideal for Ford projects requiring 500+ horsepower in a reliable small block package.
Now equipped with Ford Performance "Z2" Cylinder Heads-this head promotes improved power throughout the rpm range while retaining OEM exhaust and accessory mounting locations when compared to other aftermarket cylinder heads.
535 horsepower @ 5600 rpm 545 lb.ft. torque @ 4500 rpm
- Engine type: 351 based small block Ford
- Displacement (cu in): 427
- Bore x stroke (in): 4.125" bore x 4.00" stroke
- Block: Boss 351 9.5 deck
- Crankshaft: SCAT® Forged Steel
- Connecting Rods: SCAT® forged steel H-beam connecting rods and ARP® bolts
- Pistons: Forged Mahle® w/ floating wrist pin
- Camshaft type: Hydraulic Roller
- Camshaft lift (in): .594"/.618"
- Camshaft Duration – intake/exhaust (@.050 in): 242°/248°
- Cylinder Heads: Ford Performance Aluminum "Z2" Cylinder Heads -M-6049-Z2
- Valve size (in): 2.02 intake 1.60 exhaust
- Valve Springs: PAC® 1219X Ovate Beehive
- Compression ratio: 10.5:1 (nominal)
- Rocker arms : Roller Rockers
- Rocker arm ratio: 1.65:1
- Vibration Damper - Ford Performance SFI Approved M-6316-D302
- Valve Covers: Satin black, aluminum with "Ford Racing" script 302-135
- Oil Pan: Steel with deep rear sump pan with windage tray / scraper - 7 quart capacity -M-6675-DRS351
- Water pump: included long type - standard rotation
- Distributor: not included. MSD distributor #85840 recommended (dist. modifications for intake clearance necessary)
- Recommended fuel: Premium Unleaded
- Ignition timing: 32° at 4,000 RPM
- Maximum recommended rpm: 5,600 RPM
- Balanced: Internally balanced - use neutral balance flywheel (not included)
- Recommended intake: Edelbrock part # 2924 Super Victor (not included)
- New block, oil and water pumps, performance oil pan and high-performance harmonic balancer
- Depending on your application, a different timing cover, water pump, performance oil pan and pickup may be required.
- Engine has a performance front sump oil pan and pickup, standard rotation timing cover, standard rotation water pump and non-EFI valve covers.
- Timing cover will work with most standard rotation water pumps
- Fuel pump eccentric M-6287-B302 installed, allows use of mechanical fuel pump
- Valve covers should fit most non-EFI applications. Optional valve covers sold separately.
- The damper M-6316-D302 may require a spacer for pulley alignment
- Intake manifold not included
- Includes intake gaskets and pilot bearing
- Firing order 1-3-7-2-6-5-4-8 (5.0L HO and 351W firing order)
- Steel distributor gear required
- Shipping weight approximately 570 lbs
- Built with current available parts. Photo and specs may vary.
- Engine installation tuning tips can be found HERE