5.0L/302 – 340 HP GT-40 ALUMINUM HEAD FORD RACING PERFORMANCE CRATE ENGINE ASSEMBLY
This part is no longer available.
- M-6007-XEFM* E303 Camshaft - Automatic or Manual Transmission
- 302 cubic inch
- 340 hp @ 5500 RPM
- 9.0:1 compression ratio (nominal)
- Forged pistons
- Forged steel connecting rods
- Hydraulic roller camshaft M-6250-E303, .498" lift intake and exhaust, duration at .050" is 220 degrees intake and exhaust
- Double roller timing chain set M-6268-A302
- Nodular iron crankshaft
- Rear sump pan fits most Fox body cars
- Ford Racing aluminum GT-40 cylinder heads M-6049-X303 with 1.94" intake valves and 1.54" exhaust valves
- Roller rocker arms M-6564-B351
- New block, oil and water pumps, oil pan, flywheel and harmonic balancer
- Can be used in kit cars, street rods, Mustangs, Fox-bodied cars, and trucks
- Depending on your application, a different timing cover, water pump, performance oil pan and pickup may be required. See installation notes INSTALLATION NOTES: See engine installation and tuning tips on page 40 Some or all of the following items may need to be changed from your original engine or modified for proper installation:
- This engine has a rear sump oil pan and pickup, regular rotation timing cover and reverse rotation water pump and EFI valve covers
- A different performance oil pan and pickup may be required for your application. Call the Techline at (800) FORD788 for more information
- The timing chain cover will work with most regular rotation water pumps.
- Fuel pump eccentric M-6287-B302 installed, allows use of mechanical fuel pump
- A reverse rotation water pump is installed on the engine. Other applications may require different water pumps and timing chain covers found on pages 97-98.
- The valve covers (M-6582-K302R) should fit most 1986-93 Mustang EFI applications, optional valve covers (sold separately) are available on pages 118-120.
- The flywheel included (M-6375-B302) should work for most 157-tooth manual transmission applications. For other transmission applications use the proper 50 oz. flywheel, see pages 127-128.
- Firing order 1-3-7-2-6-5-4-8 (5.0L HO and 351W order)
- Built with current available parts. Photo and specs may vary
- Shipping weight approximately 425 lbs
Engine: Complete Engines
36" x 39" x 36
Country of Origin