Due to COVID-19 staffing precautions, the Ford Performance TechLine phone system is offline. We are still here to help. Live Chat is available. Click here for contact information.
521 CUBIC INCHES 580 HP CRATE ENGINE FRONT SUMP
- HP (SAE J607) 609 hp @ 5750 rpm
- Torque (SAE J607) 630 lb-ft of torque @ 4500 rpm
- HP (SAE 1349 Corrected) 580 hp @ 5750 rpm
- Torque (SAE 1349 Corrected) 600 lb-ft of torque @ 4500 rpm
- 10.0:1 compression ratio (nominal)
- Forged aluminum dished pistons
- Forged steel H-beam connecting rods, M-6200-C514
- Billet steel mechanical roller camshaft , M-6250-A514 (mechanical roller camshafts not recommended for street use; contact Techline for more details)
- High-performance front T-sump oil pan, fits most passenger cars that came equipped with front sump pans
- MSD Distributor with M-12390-H Bronze Gear
- Cast nodular iron crankshaft, M-6303-A514
- New heavy-duty 4-bolt main siamese bore race block M-6010-A460
- "Super Cobra Jet" aluminum cylinder heads M-6049-SCJB
- Victor single plane intake manifold M-9424-H429 (requires Dominator carb)
Look at what you get
- A 521 cubic inch engine assembly that includes the items listed above and a multi-index timing chain set, push rods, roller rocker arms, heavy duty HV oil pump, pickup tube, high-performance oil pan, Ford Racing valve covers, aluminum front cover and water pump, high-performance damper, flywheel, spark plugs, related long block engine parts and NEW M-6010-A460 4-bolt main block
- Ford Racing "Super Cobra Jet" aluminum cylinder heads. They flow significantly more than production 460 heads. Combustion chamber volume is 72cc (nominal)
- Ford Racing "Super Cobra Jet" valve train includes dual-valve springs, retainers, keepers, seals and premium stainless steel swirl polished valves. Intake valve diameter is 2.20" and exhaust valve diameter is 1.76"
- Ford Racing high-performance solid roller mechanical camshaft M-6250-A514 provides significant horsepower increases above 3500 RPM and good low-end torque. Valve lift is .640" intake and exhaust. Duration at .050" is 254 degrees intake and 258 degrees exhaust
- Ford Racing forged aluminum dished pistons, bore size 4.390"
- See engine installation and tuning tips
- Some or all of the following items may need to be changed from your original engine or modified for proper installation:
- A different performance oil pan and pickup tube may be required for your application. Call the Techline at (800) FORD788 for more information.
- The water pump will work for most 7.5L standard rotation applications.
- The valve covers should work for most applications, optional valve covers sold separately
- The auto transmission flywheel should work for most C-6 automatic transmission applications. For manual transmission applications use flywheel M-6375-Z460
- If a mechanical fuel pump is to be used, the front cover must be changed, and a fuel pump eccentric added to the front of the camshaft.
- Firing order 1-5-4-2-6-3-7-8.
- Water outlet connector not included.
- Built with current available parts. Photo and specs may vary.
- Shipping weight approximately 715 lbs.
FOR MORE INFORMATION CALL THE TECHLINE AT (800) FORD788.