521 CUBIC INCHES 580 HP CRATE ENGINE FRONT SUMP
This part is no longer available.
- HP (SAE J607) 609 hp @ 5750 rpm
- Torque (SAE J607) 630 lb-ft of torque @ 4500 rpm
- HP (SAE 1349 Corrected) 580 hp @ 5750 rpm
- Torque (SAE 1349 Corrected) 600 lb-ft of torque @ 4500 rpm
- 10.0:1 compression ratio (nominal)
- Forged aluminum dished pistons
- Forged steel H-beam connecting rods, M-6200-C514
- Billet steel mechanical roller camshaft , M-6250-A514 (mechanical roller camshafts not recommended for street use; contact Techline for more details)
- High-performance front T-sump oil pan, fits most passenger cars that came equipped with front sump pans
- MSD Distributor with M-12390-H Bronze Gear
- Cast nodular iron crankshaft, M-6303-A514
- New heavy-duty 4-bolt main siamese bore race block M-6010-A460
- "Super Cobra Jet" aluminum cylinder heads M-6049-SCJB
- Victor single plane intake manifold M-9424-H429 (requires Dominator carb)
Look at what you get
- A 521 cubic inch engine assembly that includes the items listed above and a multi-index timing chain set, push rods, roller rocker arms, heavy duty HV oil pump, pickup tube, high-performance oil pan, Ford Racing valve covers, aluminum front cover and water pump, high-performance damper, flywheel, spark plugs, related long block engine parts and NEW M-6010-A460 4-bolt main block
- Ford Racing "Super Cobra Jet" aluminum cylinder heads. They flow significantly more than production 460 heads. Combustion chamber volume is 72cc (nominal)
- Ford Racing "Super Cobra Jet" valve train includes dual-valve springs, retainers, keepers, seals and premium stainless steel swirl polished valves. Intake valve diameter is 2.20" and exhaust valve diameter is 1.76"
- Ford Racing high-performance solid roller mechanical camshaft M-6250-A514 provides significant horsepower increases above 3500 RPM and good low-end torque. Valve lift is .640" intake and exhaust. Duration at .050" is 254 degrees intake and 258 degrees exhaust
- Ford Racing forged aluminum dished pistons, bore size 4.390"
- See engine installation and tuning tips
- Some or all of the following items may need to be changed from your original engine or modified for proper installation:
- A different performance oil pan and pickup tube may be required for your application. Call the Techline at (800) FORD788 for more information.
- The water pump will work for most 7.5L standard rotation applications.
- The valve covers should work for most applications, optional valve covers sold separately
- The auto transmission flywheel should work for most C-6 automatic transmission applications. For manual transmission applications use flywheel M-6375-Z460
- If a mechanical fuel pump is to be used, the front cover must be changed, and a fuel pump eccentric added to the front of the camshaft.
- Firing order 1-5-4-2-6-3-7-8.
- Water outlet connector not included.
- Built with current available parts. Photo and specs may vary.
- Shipping weight approximately 715 lbs.
FOR MORE INFORMATION CALL THE TECHLINE AT (800) FORD788.
Engine: Complete Engines
36.5" x 38.75" x 36
Country of Origin