Due to COVID-19 staffing precautions, the Ford Performance TechLine phone system is offline. We are still here to help. Live Chat is available. Click here for contact information.
427 ALUMINUM SHORT BLOCK
BUILD IT YOUR WAY WITH FORD PERFORMANCE SHORT BLOCKS
Want to build a powerful Ford engine for your vintage muscle car, street rod, Fox-body or late-model Mustang? A Ford Performance short block is the perfect foundation. Ford Performance Engineers have taken care of the toughest part of building a new engine by designing a strong a durable short block that offers a wide range of power possibilities. We use only the best parts for our short blocks, like a forged steel crankshaft, forged H-beam connecting rods with floating piston pins, forged Mahle pistons, and the Ford Performance aluminum block. And every Ford Performance short block is hand assembled in the U.S. with performance clearances - these aren't assembly line truck engines made by machines!
- Engine type: 351 based small block Ford
- Displacement (cu in): 427
- Bore x stroke (in): 4.125" bore x 4.00" stroke
- Block: Ford Performance aluminum four-bolt main block 9.5” deck height - M-6010-Z351
- Piston to Deck Height: .005" below piston to deck height (nominal)
- Crankshaft: SCAT® Forged Steel: 4.000" stroke
- Connecting rods: SCAT® forged steel H beam connecting rods with floating pin and ARP® bolts
- Pistons: Mahle® 4.125" bore forged, with reliefs for Z304D, Z304P, N351, and other inline valve Windsor cylinder heads. 17 cc piston dish. Check piston to valve clearance.
- Hydraulic roller camshaft compatible. Requires aftermarket tie bar hydraulic lifters
- 0.060-inch oil galley restrictors included for solid roller cam applications
- Internally balanced
- Uses standard Windsor timing cover M-6059-D351
- Standard Windsor oil pan flange
- Recommended cylinder head fasteners M-6065-BOSS head bolts or M-6014-BOSS studs depending on application
- Most aftermarket performance cylinder heads are compatible with this short block. Ford Performance short blocks are built with pistons designed for 20 degree valve angle heads and will fit stock or spread valve guide centerlines.
- Works well with Ford Performance cylinder heads M-6049-Z2 and M-6049-X2
- Not designed for production 302/351W or M-6049-Y302/Y303/X302/X303/X304/X305 cylinder heads
- Assembled and ready for your heads, cam and timing chain set
- Requires head gaskets M-6051-R351
Oil pan and timing cover are a 351W bolt pattern
- High-performance harmonic balancer M-6316-D302 is recommended
- Built with ALL NEW PARTS
- Photo and specs may vary