427 CUBIC INCH BOSS SHORT BLOCK
Sold in Units of
This part is in your Wish List
This part has been added to your Wish List
WARNING:This part is designed and intended for competition use only or off-highway use only. It should not be installed on a vehicle that is driven on public roads and highways. Installation of this part on a vehicle driven on public roads and highways is likely to violate U.S. and Canadian laws and regulations relating to motor vehicle emissions.
The Ford Performance 427 short block lets you build it your way by adding your choice of heads, cam, intake and oil pan. It's the perfect foundation to build a powerful 9.5" deck engine for your vintage muscle car, street rod, Fox Body or Late Model Mustang. This is the same short block used in the 575 HP Z427 crate engine. Nothing but the best parts are used inside including: forged crankshaft, forged I-beam connecting rods with floating piston pins and the BOSS 351 block. This short block is hand assembled with performance clearances in the US. The 427 short block fits many of the vehicles originally built with Windsor and Cleveland small blocks.
- Engine type: 351 based small block Ford
- Displacement (cu in): 427
- Bore x stroke (in): 4.125" bore x 4.00" stroke
- Block: Boss 4-bolt main block M-6010-BOSS35195 9.5" deck height
- Piston to Deck Height: .005" below piston to deck height (nominal)
- Crankshaft: SCAT® Forged Steel: 4.000" stroke
- Connecting rods: SCAT® forged steel H beam connecting rods with floating pin and ARP® bolts
- Pistons: Mahle® forged aluminum, with reliefs for Z304D, Z304P, N351, and other inline valve Windsor cylinder heads. 17 cc piston dish. Check piston to valve clearance.
- Hydraulic roller camshaft compatible
- Internally balanced
- Recommended cylinder head fasteners M-6065-BOSS head bolts or M-6014-BOSS studs depending on application
- Most aftermarket performance cylinder heads are compatible with this short block. Ford Performance short blocks are built with pistons designed for 20° valve angle heads and will fit stock or spread valve guide centerlines.
- Works well with Ford Performance cylinder heads M-6049-Z2 and M-6049-X2
- Designed for M-6049-X306//X307/Z304DA cylinder heads. Not designed for production 302/351W or M-6049-Y302/Y303/X302/X303/X304/X305 cylinder heads
- Assembled and ready for your heads, cam and timing chain set
- Requires head gaskets M-6051-R351
- 351W bolt pattern, oil pan and timing cover
- High-performance harmonic balancer M-6316-D302 is recommended
- Built with all NEW PARTS
- Photo and specs may vary
Engine: Short Blocks
31" x 24" x 25"
Catalog Page Number
Country of Origin