Following the old Hot Rodding adage that there is no substitute for cubes, Ford Racing takes the popular 302 based stroker to the max with the 500 horsepower Z363 crate engine. By taking the bore out to 4.125", the displacement of the popular 347 stroker has been increased to 363 cubic inches. Combined with an improved Mahle piston, the Z363 makes 50 more horsepower and 50 lb. ft. of torque than the Z347 that it replaces. Nothing but the best parts are used inside including: forged crankshaft, forged I-beam connecting rods with floating piston pins and a high performance oiling system. Built with the BOSS 302 block and Z304D aluminum heads, Z363 fits many of the vehicles originally built with a 289 or 302 8.2" deck height block. Ford Racing Engineers designed Z363 to work both on the street and the strip with strong torque curve that delivers over 390 lb ft from 3500 to the 6500 rpm redline. With a compression ratio of 10.0:1, Z363 runs on unleaded premium pump gas.
500 hp @ 6500 rpm
450 lb-ft @ 5300 rpm
Depending on your application, a different timing cover, water pump, performance oil pan and pickup may be required. See installation notes INSTALLATION NOTES: See engine installation and tuning tips. Some or all of the following items may need to be changed from your original engine or modified for proper installation:
This engine has a front sump performance oil pan and pickup, regular rotation timing cover and regular rotation water pump, and non-EFI valve covers.
A different performance oil pan and pickup may be required for your application. Call the Techline at (800) FORD788 for more information.
The timing chain cover will work with most regular rotation water pumps.
Fuel pump eccentric M-6287-B302 installed, allows use of mechanical fuel pump
A standard rotation water pump is installed on the engine. Other applications may require different water pumps and timing chain covers.
The valve covers M-6582-BOSS should fit most non-EFI applications, optional valve covers (sold separately)
The damper M-6316-D302 may require a spacer for pulley alignment.
Requires zero balance flywheel
Firing order 1-3-7-2-6-5-4-8 (5.0L HO and 351W order).
Built with current available parts. Photo and specs may vary.
Shipping weight approximately 465 lbs See Also...
Crate Engine Build-Up
Crate Engine Warranty
Engine Tips & Specs
Crate Engine Catalog
- Engine type: 302 based small block ford
- Displacement (cu in): 363
- Bore x stroke (in): 4.125" bore x 3.400" stroke
- Block: Boss 302 8.2 deck M-6010-BOSS302
- Crankshaft: SCAT Forged Steel
- Connecting rods: SCAT forged steel I-beam connecting rods
- Pistons: Forged Mahle w/ floating wrist pins
- Camshaft type: Hydraulic Roller
- Camshaft lift (in): .580"/.602"
- Camshaft duration (@.050 in): 232°/240°
- Cylinder Heads Ford Racing Aluminum "Z" Cylinder Heads M-6049-Z304DA (ex. port raised .625")
- Valve size (in): 2.02" intake 1.60" exhaust
- Compression ratio: 10.1:1 (nominal)
- Rocker arms: Roller Rockers
- Rocker arm ratio: 1.65:1
- Vibration Damper – Ford Racing SFI Approved
- Valve covers: Ford Racing cast aluminum black wrinkle finish w/ Boss Script (M-6582-BOSS)
- Oil pan: high performance 7 quart capacity and windage tray / scraper
- Water pump: Edelbrock hi-performance
- Includes Ford Racing M-9439-A50 intake manifold gaskets
- Does not include distributor, intake and flywheel
- Recommended fuel: Premium unleaded
- Ignition timing: 32° BTDC at 4,000 RPM
- Maximum recommended rpm: 6,500
- Balanced: Internal. Use neutral balance flywheel
- Engine power rating based on long tube headers, Edelbrock intake manifold #2928 Super Victor w/ 750 Holley carb and 1" carb spacer